Our school uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the school and setting an appropriate tone.
Our uniform exists to instil a sense of pride in our school and to support positive behaviour and discipline. Furthermore it encourages identity with, and support for our school ethos whilst protecting pupils from social pressures to dress in a particular way. Our uniform nurtures cohesion and promotes effective teaching and learning.
1. Hairstyles must be appropriate and suitable for school and the colour must be within the natural spectrum of hair colouring.
2. No makeup or nail varnish to be worn.
3. A wristwatch and one single plain ring are allowed. One small stud or very small hoop earring in each ear is permissible (gold/silver only). NO OTHER JEWELLERY IS TO BE WORN. Facial studs and any other piercings are not allowed. All items of jewellery must be removed for PE and games activities.
4. Mobile phones, ipods and portable MP3/CD/tape players are not allowed.
5. Lockers are provided for use by students.
6. Parents of students in boarding accommodation (for example in Field Study Centres or on ‘trips’) are advised to ensure that the student’s effects are adequately insured through a normal household insurance policy.
7. We strongly advise that students do not bring expensive items of personal property to school or wear expensive items of clothing. Student/parents/carers need to be aware that the School and the Local Education Authority cannot accept liability for the loss or damage of any items.
N.B. The school reserves the right to decide whether a pupil’s appearance is appropriate.
The school uniform is outlined below:
Black school sweatshirt with school badge – no other sweatshirts, jumpers or cardigans
White school polo shirt with school badge – no other white polo shirt
Black or dark grey plain school trousers (no pin-stripe)
Black or dark grey plain knee-length skirt
Plain black belt (only if required - looped through the trousers)
Black shoes with flat heels – no trainers, no stiletto heels, no backless slip-ons
Prices (payment in cash only please)
Sweatshirt (with School Badge) £14.00
Polo Shirt (with School Badge) £13.00
Boys Rugby Shirt (with School Badge) £15.00
Girls Black PE Polo Shirt (with School Badge) £13.00
Technology Folders £3.00
Iron on Name Labels (30) £2.00
A weatherproof coat can be worn outside – this does not include small fashionable coats, eg denim/leather jackets, tracksuit tops, sweat tops etc which offer no greater protection from the elements than the school sweatshirt.
Physical Education – full participation in Physical Education lessons is a compulsory part of the national curriculum. Students must arrive at lessons with appropriate kit and should bring full kit to lessons even if they bring a note. If however, lessons are missed for any extended period, a medical note will be required. Students will still be involved in the lesson in some form eg as a referee or be allocated work in the Learning Inclusion Centre. If students fail to bring kit to lessons they will be provided with alternative school kit. Kit is as follows:
School rugby shirt Black Polo shirt with school badge
Black shorts Black shorts, skirt or tracksuit bottoms
Football boots/black football socks and trainers Black Sports Socks
Shin pads/gum shield is advisable/towel Training shoes
Design & Technology
Students must have an apron to protect themselves and their clothing in accordance with the regulations laid down by the Health & Safety at Work Act.
All students must have an overall (or old shirt) to protect clothing.
Students are expected to have a suitable school bag to carry their files, books and the basic equipment necessary to engage in their learning at school.